Taylor Swift And U2 At War With YouTube

International Music Day is celebrated everywhere and there are those who take advantage of it in different ways. For example, we learn through Twitter account @MiMusicaTuRefug in Madrid and Barcelona a charity concert held by the final relocation of Syrian refugees. The collection will be distributed among aid organizations Refugee ACCEM, CEAR, Red Cross and UNHCR.

Quite another claim which is collected by TechCrunch- they have made dozens of musicians, including Paul McCartney, Taylor Swift or U2. Asks the US Congress to rewrite the legislation governing how large Internet companies can use material uploaded by its users-the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 used by YouTube and other major Web platforms.

In his open letter, the musicians say that these threaten the survival of songwriters and recording artists. Complaints which always refer to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act-are similar to those made previously by the lobbies of the record industry. In fact, labels such as BMI, Sony Music and Universal Music Group have endorsed the. In short, they think that YouTube does not give them enough money for using their music or a real choice about whether you can use and how.

YouTube, however, defends ensuring that they do not do business with DCMA requests that come to them “by hand” (the law states that rights holders can request removal of content with one of these applications). According to the video hosting service (youtube) from Google, 99.5% of copyright infringement on music videos that host automatically detects your Content ID system, and only the remaining 0.5% comes from DCMA claims which we refer. They added that they have already paid more than 3,000 millions to the music industry, proceeding from this benefit of users who would not subscribe to any service.

Precisely the companies are renegotiating their contracts with YouTube (and even , according to Yahoo, the Universal Music Group contract has already expired), which is no coincidence. Meanwhile, YouTube maintains that generates billions of dollars for the music industry and the tools provided allow owners to control their works.

Comments

comments

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here