Screenshot is a spot image taken by user to record the visible items, that he has found while he is looking at the monitor or any other device including mobile devices. Each and every device with a display will almost have any way to take screenshot, but may vary on how to take that. In this post we are going to tell you on how to take screenshot in Windows Pc. you can follow any of the method mentioned below to take a screenshot even in your PC.
1.Taking the full screenshot of the screen Using Print Screen (PrtSc)
This is an easy and most used method to take screenshot of your screen in Windows. The Print-screen method is a easy one when compared with other methods of taking screenshot. You can find a “PrtScn“, “Print Scr“, “PrntScrn” key on your keyboard. This function key is called as Print screen key and this is the key that can be used to take screen shot. This key is normally found in after the function keys or F12.
Steps to take Screenshot
- Firstly you need to go to the page or the screen which you are looking to take the screenshot of.
- Now click on the PrtSc key on your key board and now you have copied the screen image, Also you will not get any conformation message while you grab the Screenshot.
- After once you have made the above thing, the next thing that you need to do is to is to paste the image on the Paint application.
- For that go to Paint and click Ctrl+V to paste your Screenshot in that paint and save them.
- You can also paste the image there by clicking on Paste option that you find in the Paint from accessories section.
- If you are looking to automatically save the Screenshot as soon as you take it, then you can use ” Windows + PrtSc ” keys together, this will automatically save the screen shot in PNG format in a folder created by default as Screenshots.
2. One Window Screenshot
The one window Screenshot function will only take the picture of the active window on the screen. The other inactive windows will not be recorded in the image taken. To take a one window screenshot:
- Select on the window that you want to take the screenshot of, so that the window is active.
- Now hold on ” Alt + PrtSc ” Now the active window will be captured with the dimensions it has.
- You will not get any conformation if the screenshot is taken. Now you will need to paste this screenshot in Paint or any other similar applications like it to View it and Save it.
- You can save the screenshot either in JPG or PNG format.
3. Using the Sniping Tool
- Firstly you need to open the Sniping tool. This tool is available for almost of all types of Windows operating systems, except for few basic ones. You can get the tool by searching it in the search box from the start.
- Once you open the Sniping tool you need to select the shape of the snip. By default it is set to rectangular snip and you can change it as per your requirement.
- After you have made the settings. Now adjust the snip borders on the screen to take the screenshot image of the screen by clicking on New option.
- Once you have created your Snip, it will open in a new window where you can make other changes and even add notes to your snip, also many more with the tools available.
- You can now save the Screenshot by clicking on ” Ctrl + S ” keys or Save directly from File option in the menu. You can save the snip in either JPG or PNG format.