Shortcut virus is unbearable virus which infects our pendrives and computers and creates the shortcuts for every file that it infects. It can spread from one computer to computer so easily, Usually through pendrive, If you are looking a way to get rid of this shortcut virus and recover your files which are infected on your pendrive then follow the instructions that I am going to share in this post.
You can get rid of this shortcut virus from your pendrive by just formatting the pendrive, but that is not solution when there is important data on your pendrive. So in this post I will show you how you can remove the shortcut virus and recover your files safely without formatting.
Steps to Remove Shortcut Virus from Pendrive with CMD:
- Open your Windows command prompt window (Windows+R and CMD and hit on Enter).
- Now make a note of your Pen Drive Letter in my case it is f
- Now enter the following command on your Command Screen.
- attrib -h -r -s /s /d f:*.*
- Don’t forget to change the drive letter “f” in the above command with your drive letter
- and Hit Enter
- This will take some time to complete the execution of the command based on the size of the files on your pendrive.
- After completion of the execution open your pendrive and copy all the files to safe place.
- Only copy the files you know. Don’t copy again the shortcut files and files with dot extension.
Now format your pendrive and enjoy.
Share this article if you this post had solved your problem.