Are you getting green double underline words within your web browsers ( Internet Explorer, Firefox or Google Chrome) then surely your computer is infected with an ad-ware or a potentially unwanted malware.Apart from these green double Underlined words, some malicious browser extension will also display annoying advertising banners on the webpages that you are visiting, and as you browse Internet, it will show coupons and other deals available on different websites and slow your Internet.windows
This Green Double Underlined pop-up ads browser extension is added when you install another free software (video recording/streaming, download-managers or PDF creators) that are bundled with these adware program. These Free software tempt us to download but when you install these free programs, they will also install these Green Double underlined adware as well.
Well most of the software hunters and techies tend to check all the new technologies and software around the Internet, with this enthusiasm sometime we don’t even check the authenticity of the software.Well i have been a victim of this too my browser got infected with this Ad-ware, well i was successful in removing these malware.
So in this step to step guide I am going to explain you how you can remove remove these Green Double underlined adware and how to detect other malware and keep your computer safe from adware in easy steps.
Steps to remove Green Double Underlined Links pop-up ads :
Step-1 :Uninstall the adware program responsible for the Green Double Underlined Links pop-ups
Here in this step we will be detecting and uninstalling unwanted programs that may be installed in your computer
- Go to control panel by clicking on start icon.If you did not find control panel just search for it in the search box.
- When the “Control Panel” window opens click on the “Uninstall a program” option under “Programs” category. This option is shown by a pointer in the below image.
- When the “Programs and Features” or the “Uninstall a Program” screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and uninstall programs which look suspicious.Here you will some times find these programs with different name.so you better Google about the file and uninstall it.
It is advised to view the most recently installed programs which you can click on the “Installed On” column to sort your programs by the installation date.So scroll through the list, and uninstall any unwanted or unknown program. If you still can’t find any unwanted or unknown programs on your computer, then you can proceed with the below steps.
STEP 2: Remove Green Double Underlined Links adware from Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome with AdwCleaner
I found this software AdwCleaner when i was searching for the solution this will scan your computer and web browser for the “Green Double Underlined Links” malicious files, browser extensions and registry keys, that may have been installed on your computer without your knowledge.
- You can download AdwCleaner from HERE
- Before starting AdwCleaner,make sure you close all the programs and browser windows, then double-click on the AdwCleaner icon.
- When the AdwCleaner program opens, click on the “Scan” button as shown .AdwCleaner program will now start to search for the “Green Double Underlined Links” and malicious files that may be installed on your computer.
- Click on the “Clean” button to remove the “Green Double Underlined Links” malicious files that were detected in the step3.
- AdwCleaner program will now prompt you to save any open files or documents, as the program will need to reboot the computer.Do so and then click on the OK button.
STEP 3: Remove Green Double Underlined Links pop-up ads from Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome
If you are still experiencing such problem with the Green Double Underlined Links pop-up ads in Internet Explorer, Firefox or Chrome, you will need to reset your browser to its default settings. This step needs to be performed only if your problem have not been solved by the above steps (Try it as your last option) .
Mozilla Firefox :
The reset feature fixes all the properties by restoring Firefox to its factory default settings while saving your important information like bookmarks, passwords, web form auto-fill information, browsing history and open tabs.
- In the upper-right corner of the Firefox window -> Firefox menu button -> click “Help” button.
- From the Help menu, click Troubleshooting Information.
If you’re not able to access the Help menu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting information page.
- Click the “Reset Firefox” button in the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page.
- To continue, click on the “Reset Firefox” button in the new confirmation window that opens.
- Lastly Firefox will close itself and will reset to its default settings. When all the process is done, a window will list the information that was imported.Then Click on the “Finish“.
Note: Your old Firefox profile (details about bookmarks, passwords, web form auto-fill information, browsing history and open tabs) will be placed on your desktop in a folder named “Old Firefox Data“. If you don’t need this folder any longer, you should delete it as it contains sensitive information.
Google Chrome :
Follow the bellow steps to easily reset your chrome browser
- Click on Chrome’s main menu button –> select the option labeled Settings.
- Chrome’s Settings will be displayed in a new tab or window, depending on your configuration. Next, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Show advanced settings link.
- Chrome’s advanced Settings will be displayed then scroll down until the Reset browser settings section is visible. Next, click on the Reset browser settings button.
- A confirmation dialog will be displayed, showing the settings(options) that will be restored to their default state. To complete the restoration process, click on the Reset button.
- That’s it for chrome simple and easy isn’t it.
Internet Explorer :
You can reset Internet Explorer settings to return them to the state they were in when Internet Explorer was first installed on your PC.
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the “gear icon” in the upper right corner of your browser –> click Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options display box –> click on the “Advanced” tab –> click on the “Reset” button.
- In the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” section –> select the “Delete personal settings” check box –> then click on “Reset” button.
- Once Internet Explorer has completed its restoration , click on the “Close” button in the confirmation display box. Now you will need to close your browser, and then you can open Internet Explorer again like before.
Hope this post was useful and the procedure explained was clear .If you find any other tools of procedure to remove malware or Still if you are enable to remove the adware or malware fell free to comment.
Must Read :