To all the Developers and techies out there PHP 7 is already among us in development of hobby project to serious bussiness projects.For me WordPress the greatest gift built on PHP. If you haven’t known yet, on Thursday December 3 the stable version 7.0.0 of the popular programming language PHP was released, which tries to be a leap in quality and that comes with interesting news about their predecessors.
These developments and improvements are stated from the project core team getting a 7 PHP performance include:
- New version of Zend Engine (PHP codenamed # NG)
- Significant reduction in memory usage
- Abstract syntax tree
- Consistent support for 64-bit
- A number of fatal mistakes turned into exceptions.
- Improvement in the hierarchy of these exceptions
- Generating random numbers safer
- With null coalescing operator (the coveted ??)
- Anonymous classes
- Compatibility with the latest hot off OpenSSL (1.0.2e)
They have also removed all extensions and old features and have fixed dozens of bugs, as you can see in the change-log, which is really impressive in terms of volume and length.
If you want to start tinkering already, you can download it from the official website of PHP which also offers a comprehensive guide for migrating projects from earlier versions
If you haven’t known yet check out : http://php.net/
They have stated :
PHP 7 is here. 10033 commits 48 RFCs 189 contributors We hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoyed making it! https://t.co/S2GoDChwgr
— php.net (@official_php) December 3, 2015