Firstly for people who dont know what is a Jailbreak.
Jailbreaking is also known as rooting for Android platform.BUt what ever may be the name it does the same thing.
Jailbreaking is the process of removing limitations on iOS, Apple’s operating system, on devices running it through the use of software and hardware exploits; such devices include the iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and second-generation Apple TV (Acording to wikipedia)
Here in this step by set tutorial, we will share every details you need to know to jailbreak iPhone 5 running version of iOS7 . So many amazing Cydia tweaks are being released every day, it’s right time to Jailbreak your iPhone5 or 5S running and install awesome Cydia tweaks on it.
How to Download Evasi0n and Jailbreak IOS7 :
Before you start the iOS7 jailbreak process, ensure that you follow these :
- Take a complete backup of your iPhone to ensure you can restore it back.
- If you are using Passlock on your iPhone, disable it.
- Current updated version of Evasi0n supports jailbreak up toiOS 7.0.4, so make sure you update your iPhone to latest firmware. If iOS 7.0.5 is released, I would suggest you to check with Evasi0n official website for an update.
Download the latest version of Evasion depending upon OS you are using and follow the instructions given.
Steps to Jailbreak :
- Connect your iPhone to your computer via cable, and take a complete backup of your iPhone.
- Transfer all app purchase by clicking on Backup transfer purchases under iTunes.
- Once backup is done, quit iTunes and open Evasi0n tool.
- when u try to open evasi0n file, it may give error saying ““evasi0n 7” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.”but dont panic.
- In this case, select the evasion 7 file and right click on and click on Open and again open to make this work for you.Once Evasi0n jailbreak window opens, it will detect the iPhone connected to your computer, and you will get this window.
- Now just sit and watch evasion will do all the work. It will restart once during the process ad will ask you to click on the evasion icon on your iPhone.
- Once you do that, evasion will restart your iPhone 3 to 4 times and thats it your iPhone 5 or 5S running on iOS 7 is now jailbroken.
- Once your iPhone stops rebooting, exit evasi0n and open your iPhone and you will find the Cydia icon there.
- Click on Cydia icon, and it will prepare the file-system, and will reboot your iPhone again.
- At this point all you need to do is install some of the useful Cydia repo like SiNful iPhone,xSellize, Insanlyi.
- Also install new Cydia tweaks which are compatible with iOS7 like some of the best tweaks AirBlue Sharing 7 ,Activator,BytaFont 2,BiteSMS and so many others.
- If anyone says that you can download Cydia without jailbreaking your iDevice then either he is a fool or think trying to make you one.
- Some time, when you open Cydia, it takes time for reloading. Which is very normal as Cydia stores the package catalog on your iOS device and every time you open it, it downloads the updates.