Document sharing via WhatsApp
WhatsApp, the leading messenger application worldwide for all mobile platform have launched a new feature for their Android and iPhone application users. So, from Now all Android and iOS WhatsApp users can now share Documents through WhatsApp Android and iOS app. Also they are limited to share only .pdf documents with WhatsApp at present.
Also note that to send a Document through WhatsApp you need to update your WhatsApp application to the latest version. Also the user to whom you are sending the document is also needed to update his app to the latest version or else he will not be able to receive those documents. At present the latest version of WhatsApp available for Android and iOS users is 2.12.453. Also note that if you have updated your WhatsApp to the latest version and sending a document to your friend who doesn’t have the latest version of WhatsApp then you are going to get an error saying that “User you are sending to doesn’t have the latest version of WhatsApp“. So it will be better if both(Sender and receiver) use the latest WhatsApp built before using WhatsApp to share documents.
Whatsapp also have stated that this update will not be available to all users worldwide, as they are giving updates to the user of different regions in batches. Also you can once check whether you have got any update for your WhatsApp in Playstore in your region and if you are very particular to get the latest version of WhatsApp as soon as possible then you can download from here.(Phoneradar)
How To Share Documents Through WhatsApp Android and iOS App
- Firstly you need to update your WhatsApp to the latest version from Playstore, if you didn’t get any updates in your region then you can directly download the apk of the WhatsApp of the latest version from here(Phoneradar).
- After you are done with the first step, then simply open WhatsApp and click on attach files icon which you find on the right side of the User or Group you are in.
- Now in the list you will find Document option available at the first, just tap or click on that.
- After you have clicked on the Document option now you can select the Document file from your phone and whichever you are going to send.
Note:- At present WhatsApp only allows you to send only .pdf files and we can even expect that other type of document files can be shared in upcoming and other updates of WhatsApp.
- After selecting the document, Click on “Ok” then the file will be automatically shared with your friend or friends.
As mentioned earlier to use this function both of the users need to use the latest build of WhatsApp. And with this feature of ability to share documents with WhatsApp more users are going to opt-out the other third party apps they used to use to share documents. Also this feature is not available to Windows users as of now and we may expect that they are going to get this features in the coming days to go.