Install new OS into a computer once in a while is something that definitely recommend. Windows at the end of the day it is only an option, and there are several alternatives out there with solid benefits. One is Chrome OS. While Google does not distribute to its operating system as if it were a normal distro, people NeverWare CloudReady has created an own build based on Chromium OS. If you want a Chromebook without paying for it, you will probably be your best with CloudReady.( Turn any computer into a Chromebook. Power your computer with the world’s fastest, easiest and most simple operating system.)
I was using the Windows 7 Starter Edition on my Laptop, I prepared a place for Windows 10, but after three months, I think it’s time to remove it. I realized that Windows 10 has a single drawback in my laptop compatibility, however, I am convinced that there are more efficient OS to try. The decision took me to visit several distributions of Linux (Debian Mint and appear at the top of the list), but along the way I found a word: CloudReady.
But why install CloudReady ?
Requirements to installing CloudReady:
- A pendrive 8 or 16 GB,
- with .bin image format CloudReady.
- And extension Chromebook Recovery Utility Google Chrome installed.
Some Cautions Before installing it :
Before beginning, you must consider these three warnings :
- Your computer may not be supported. I said above that hardware support is not perfect, and this is no exaggeration. CloudReady lists full of supported systems. If your computer is not listed here can try anyway, but if you find that the trackpad or the sound does not work, you know the reason. The presence of SAP in the processor function is mandatory.
- The hard disk will be completely erased. If there is something inside that you must rescue, do not procrastinate. CloudReady not offer any support dual boot or installation on secondary partitions. As drops, it remains.
- There are differences between Chrome OS and Chromium OS. This is especially true in the case of updates. Flash content playback and proprietary codecs under CloudReady need a little extra work.
How To InstallChrome OS On to your PC/Laptops :
- Download the .bin image CloudReady (about 590 megabytes, link below). The image is in a zip file, but do not need to decompress the contents.
- Open Chromebook Recovery Utility, click the settings icon (gear), choose “local Use image” option, and indicates the location of the image.
- Insert the USB flash drive (can also be an SD card with adapter), and select it as a destination in Chromebook Recovery Utility.
- Click “Continue” and then on “Create Now“.
A few minutes later, the stick with CloudReader ready. Finally, connect the flash drive to the computer on which you want the new system, remember the “boot menu” is often invoked F2, F9 or F12. CloudReady starts and you can experiment with it like a normal “Live USB” system, but remember: Installation purge your hard disk. CloudReady present several warnings before proceeding.
If all goes well, your computer will provide the same functionality of a Chromebook.