When it comes to iOS devices loaded via Lightning, there are a number of issues that may arise. It does not have to be a battered Lightning cable ever, it can simply be a mistake in the software that is responsible for telling the iPhone or the iPad whether it is sufficiently charged or not.
The most common problems are:
- Device does not load
- Device loads slower than expected
- The iPhone or iPad displays a “no-load” indicator in the status bar
- An “Unsupported Accessory” pop-up appear.
What to do if the device does not apper
There are times when the Lightning cable is simply not recognized by the device. This is usually due to hardware problems, here are some solutions:
- Disconnect and reconnect the Lighning cable.
- Let it load a little, sometimes you need some energy to show it
- Check that the Lighnting cable is not damaged
- Clean the Lightning cable and the hole of the iPhone or iPad.
- Test at another outlet
What to do if the device loads slower than expected
Sometimes the iPhone or iPad may take too long to charge or it will not be able to charge up to 100% of its capacity. Here are some solutions for this:
- Use a higher wattage power adapter
- It uses another USB port, since not all load to the same power
- Check for damage to the Lightning cable or ports.
What to do if the device displays a “no-load” indicator in the status bar
Usually occurs on iPad, a message appears on the menu bar indicating that the device is not loadin. The possible solutions:
- Use an official accessory
- Uses a higher power USB port
- Do not use a lower power charger than required by the device
- Avoid using a USB HUB and connect directly to the port
What to do if a popup of “Unsupported accessory” appears
If on the contrary a popup alert appears on your device indicating that the accessory is not certified and can not work correctly, you can follow one of these indications:
- Try to reconnect the Lightning cable
- Use an official or Apple-certified Lightning cable
- Update your device to the latest version of iOS
- Reboot device
- Cleans USB ports, Lightning and device hole.