we all fear what if our OS fail to load and a dread blue screen appears, this has been a major problem until windows 7 which lets you create a recovery drive but only on optical disk, how ever windows8 will automatically create a rescue image( dedicated recovery partition on your PC) and have a option to create a back up copy of this rescue image you should defiantly do this my friends this is the main advantage of windows8 over previous version of windows OS
A Recovery Drive lets you boot your system and easily access a number of recovery and troubleshooting tools to revive a crashed Windows 10 system. you can avoid paying to some to get your system working and you will have a back up of original software and if u choose your personal files also.
Recovery Drive Using a USB flash drive:-
- The USB flash drive you use will become a dedicated Recovery Drive—you won’t be able to use it for anything else.
- In its base configuration, the contents of the Recovery Drive will require about 330 MB of space. However, if you are creating a basic Recovery Drive, you can use a 1GB USB flash drive.
- If you are going to add system files, you’ll want at least a 16GB USB flash drive(recommended).
I suggest you all to backup you system files so use 16GB flash drive
Note:- Recovery Drive is bit specific. i.e if you create a Recovery Drive in a 64-bit version of Windows 10, you can’t use that drive to boot up and repair a 32-bit version of Windows 10 and wise versa.
Steps to create Recovery Drive :-
- open the Control Panel and type Recovery in the search box (or) press the Windows key and type recovery drive
- You’ll then encounter a UAC, and you need to click Yes to continue.
- you’ll will be directed to screen in the Recovery Drive wizard
- Now you have to select a USB drive. If the drive isn’t already connected to your system, insert it now.
- Next you will get a message that your usb drive contents will be deleted just click creat option at bottom right, If you are creating a basic Recovery Disk, the process will just take a few minutes. If you are including a system files it may take long time to complete so be patent or continue with other works.
- When the process is complete, you’ll be prompted to delete the recovery partition on your hard disk this will free some memory
Always be prepared:)