CleanMyMac 3 | The Smart Way to Keep Your Mac Running Smoothly
If you could shrink your world and put it in a compact casing, it would be your Mac. Everything you need for work; e-mail, files, reports, contacts and project studies plus all that is precious in life such as photos, videos and other tokens from the past are all housed inside your Mac.
Now what happens when you need to save an important file or receive a key document but the Mac’s memory is all filled- up? Or what if on the cusp of the most important presentation of your life, the Mac begins to fade, hang and eventually shut down?
Your career, business fortunes or the next level of success could depend on available storage space.
This is where CleanMyMac 3 comes in and saves the day.
CleanMyMac 3 is the smart way to keep your Mac running smoothly. It is a one- touch cleaning system that scans every square of your Mac, identifies files and apps you no longer use and deletes them to free up storage space.
CleanMyMac 3 features a unique system called “Smart Cleanup”. All you need to do is load it up, click “Scan” and let the clean up begin! Smart Cleanup will scan the following areas:
- Mac System
- Old Files
- Large Files
- iPhoto Libraries
- Photo Collections
- Mail Application
- iTunes Library
- Mac Trash Bins
Another innovative feature of the Smart Cleanup is it’s Safety Database. This is a list of items, rules and exceptions that CleanMyMac 3 references before it cleans out all the junk in your Mac.
It will only select files that it confirms is 100% safe- to- delete so you have absolutely nothing to worry about. CleanMyMac 3 is not only easy to use but smart enough to keep your important files intact.
System Junk Module
System Junk Module on the CleanMyMac 3 clears out your Mac’s operating system of useless files and features in order to make it run more efficiently.
A Mac is a do- it- all product of ingenuity. But let’s face it. There are features in the system that you will never, ever use. Why not just remove it and free up space for files or programs that will have more value?
- Language Files – Unless you’re an “International Man of Mystery”, you probably only need 2 or 3 of the 10+ foreign languages stored in a single app.
- Caches – This is where you temporarily store files and programs to make your Mac run better. Eventually, these files become outdated and hinder more than contribute to performance.
- Log Files – Unless you regularly send out crash reports, you should clear out user logs.
- Universal Binaries – These files allow your Mac to run on Intel or PowerPC but it will only run on one which renders the other useless.
- Development Junk – When you install an app, it creates support files to assist in the installation process. But once it has done its job, it should be removed to clear out space.
- Broken Login Items – When you install or remove an app, it may leave broken link which should be removed to improve your Mac’s performance.
- Broken Preferences – These essentially act as guidelines on how an app should function. Over time, these could get corrupted and slow down the performance of your Mac.
- iOS Photo Cache – Leftover data when you synch your Mac with an iPhone, iPod or iPad.
Mail Attachments Module
E-mail remains the most popular means of communication. You can find our Inbox filled out with so much e-mail that contain storage consuming attachments.
The Mail Attachments module clears out zip files, PDF’s, signatures, company logos and other files sent to you via e-mail and stored in the hard drive. This will save you gigabytes of storage space.
Of course, we all love our music and iTunes offers the largest selection of songs from every artist and genre. It also stores a lot more data than just music.
- Outdated Device Backups – CleanMyMac3 keeps the backup for each iOS service current and eliminates everything else outdated.
- Broken Downloads – Remember when a download doesn’t push through? It leaves broken downloads which slows down your Mac.
- Old Software Updates – If you don’t need them, why keep them?
- Copies of iOS Apps – iTunes Junk clears out copies of iOS apps that you don’t need.
Large & Old Files Module
This Large & Old Module allows you to find those random files you stored that eats up gigabytes of space. These files could be old movies, TV shows and music or just about anything that just takes up valuable real estate in your Mac.
Trash Bins Module
Your Mac has more than one Trash bin. Apps like Aperture and Photos have their own trash bins and the Trash Bins module can clean all of these at once not just in the main Trash in your Dock but in your entire Mac! If there’s an error in emptying the trash, you can empty it without restriction.
Dragging an unwanted app to the Trash will not completely delete it. The app will leave behind a significant amount of related files on your Mac. CleanMyMac 3 will remove all of the residue identify the broken and outdated apps to keep your Mac up to date and running smoothly.
The Maintenance Module helps improve the way your Mac processes data the following ways:
- Run Maintenance Scripts – Conducts general maintenance tasks such as removing and rotating old log files and reorganizing select data bases on your Mac.
- Verify Start Up Disk – Checks for errors in your system and repairs them.
- Mail Speed Up – Makes it easier and faster to sort through mail.
- Rebuild Launch Services Database – Addresses app- related issues.
- Reindex Spotlight – Improves search performance and accuracy.
- Flush DNS Cache – Fixes the problem of corrupted DNS caches.
You may not know it but you may have installed more extras on your Mac in the form of plugins and widgets. Some of these extensions have never been used and only take up space.
The Extensions Utility allows you to view all extensions, plugins and widgets and remove the ones you don’t need.
The Privacy Utility helps clear out your digital foot print as far back as last year. You can instantly clean out your browsing history plus online and offline activities.
Emptying the Trash does not erase the data. It only discards it which means it can be retrieved via third party apps. With Shredder, not only is the access point removed but the data is scrambled which makes is irrecoverable. If you really want to get rid of files permanently, you need the Shredder.
Overall, CleanMyMac 3 is the most effective way to keep your Mac healthy and fit. It has health alerts to let you know if something is wrong with your Mac. More importantly, it will give you advice on how to trouble shoot correctly.
It also keeps track of your Mac’s overall performance and lets you know about potential problems before they happen.
If you want your Mac running smoothly all the time, ensure its health and fitness by installing CleanMyMac 3 now.