The recent update of the Apple operating system for mobile devices comes after an intense period of beta testing phase through which they have polished various things, some improvements like support for Mail or Mail Drop, 3D compatibility Touch in iBooks, and a whopping thirty plugged security holes.
You want to know everything that has changed in detail? Well here it is …
Improvements and bug fixes
- Stability of Safari improved.
- Stability of the Podcasts app got improved.
- Solved a problem that caused some users with POP email accounts, who could not access the files attached to messages in Mail.
- Also in Mail, it has solved a problem experienced overlapping attachments to text mail by some users.
- Solved a problem that caused Live Photos to get disabled after you restore a previous iCloud backup.
- Correcting an issue where no search result was shown in Contacts.
- Solved a problem that prevented to display the seven days of the week in the weekly display calendar .
- Solved a problem that caused the camera screen on the iPad turns black when trying to capture video.
- Correction of a problem that caused instability in the app to view the activity on the transition day “Summer Time”.
- Solved a problem that prevented health data from appearing .
- Solved a problem that prevented display of Wallet updates and notices on the locked screen.
- Correction of a problem that caused the alarm which will be disabled after upgrading to latest IOS.
- Solving a problem that prevented some users from logging on Find My iPhone.
- Solved problem that stoped some manual backups of iCloud.
- Improved sensitivity of the keyboard to use the quick responses of notifications.
- Improving the introduction of punctuation in Chinese 10-key keyboards (pinyin and strokes) with the new enlarged display and better predictions.
- Solved a problem that caused Cyrillic keyboards caps lock which gets activated by typing in the URL fields or email.
Apple Music upgrades
- Ability to create a new playlist to add a song to a playlist.
- Last modified by the user list now appears first.
- Download lists of albums or music library by clicking the iCloud download button iCloud.
- Ability to see what songs were downloaded with the new discharge indicator next to each song in “My Music” and lists.
- Viewing the works, composers and interpreters while scanning the category of classical music catalog of Apple Music.
- Mail Drop in Mail got updated for sending large attachments by uploading it to the cloud and sharing a link to it automatically.
- IBooks 3D compatibility Touch to use the Peek and Pop actions to see the pages of a book from the table of contents, from the notes and bookmarks, or search results from within the book.
- In addition, it has also added the ability to listen to an audiobook from iBooks while browsing through the library, some books are read or store iBooks Store is explored.
- IPhone compatibility with USB adapter camera to import photos and videos.
- New section “Top Stories” in the app News (available in the US, UK and Australia) that allows the user to stay informed of the most important news of the day.
- Siri for Arabic (Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates).
- Solved Problems of VoiceOver using face detection Camera.
- Possibility to use VoiceOver to activate the display when it is idle.
- Possibility to use VoiceOver to open the application launcher with 3D Touch gesture.
- Solved a problem of “guided access” to try to end phone calls.
- Improved 3D Touch functionality for users of “Control” button.
- Solved a problem with speaking rate of “Read display” function.
Finally, the update also resolved 30 security issues to prevent the execution of malicious code and unauthorized access to data and Contact apps, iBooks, photos and Safari. Siri has also become a bit more cautious and no longer can read notifications configured that display on the lock screen contents.
You can find more detailed information on the security content of Apple web information.